Our Environmental Policy
“We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the Tourism industry”
To this end we at the Westenra Arms Hotel are committed to taking the following action:
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation.
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out our Objectives, Targets and planned Actions.
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation.
- To minimise our waste and reduce our water consumption where possible.
- To Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical.
- To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment.
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives.
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties.
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets.